A brand new O Gauge Lima ringfield motor conversion kit for Class 33 and diesel shunters, comprising:
- a high quality 12V-compatible low-noise can motor,
- computer-designed 3D-printed adaptor,
- replacement pickup retainer,
- a 12-tooth gear, and
- a length of heat shrink tubing.
This kit uses a 12V-compatible motor, so a diode voltage dropper is not necessary.
As with all of our Lima kits, the conversion process is fully reversible, so the old ringfield (pancake) motor can be reinstalled at any time. The adaptor is also reusable, meaning the motor, adaptor and/or gear can be replaced with ease, if ever the need arises.
Read more about our ringfield adaptor kits here: www.strathpefferjunction.com/ringfieldadaptors
This kit is compatible with Lima’s UK outline O gauge Class 33 and diesel shunter models (and other models using the same original ringfield motor).
- Class 33
- SNCF BB 67000
- 0-4-0 Diesel shunter
Note: This kit is not compatible with the Fowler Class 4F steam locomotive.
Please note that due to the size of the motor, this kit must be sent as a ‘small parcel’ and therefore shipping costs are a little higher than for our OO gauge kits.
We can accept no liability or responsibility for any damage or injury occurring from the installation and use of our motor replacement kits.
Installation requires modifications and the use of tools, some of which have the potential to damage you and/or you models, as well as other components and equipment.
Users must not commence work unless they are confident that they have the skills and experience necessary to complete it successfully, and install these kits and undertake work to their models at their own risk.
Any images showing a Lima bogie are for information only. The kit includes no original Lima parts, only those components listed as required for conversion.
1. Our replacement kits use only high quality DC motors that have been comprehensively tested with both DC and DCC track voltages. Whilst the motors will be fine without a voltage dropper for the vast majority of layouts, the output from certain controllers can exceed 12V, depending on make, model and any user voltage output settings (some DCC controllers can can even output in excess if 15V). From our own testing and experience, we are confident that our motor kits are capable of handling voltages higher than the motor rating, however, to be on the safe side, for scenarios where track voltage may be considerably higher than 12V, in order to avoid motor burn-out, prolong motor life and achieve prototypical speeds, we recommend:
- For DC/Analogue use, speeds are kept low manually via the controller and a diode* voltage dropper should be considered in order to reduce voltage going to the motor (as outlined in the instructions);
- For DCC use, speeds are kept low manually via the controller, decoders should have their CV5 value reduced (if available) and, particularly where CV5 adjustment is not available, a diode* voltage dropper should be considered in order to reduce voltage going to the motor (as outlined in the instructions).
2. With all CD-style motor conversions, it is good practice to: i) maintain very high speeds for relatively short periods only, ii) keep running on steep inclines to a minimum, iii) avoid coupled up with excessively long rakes of coaches/wagons, and iv) where less robust 10mm motors are fitted, resist the temptation to fit additional weight to the loco.
3. It is recommended that locomotives fitted with our 3D printed adaptor kits are not run for more than an hour continuously. This is principally to reduce wear on the motor, through a build up in heat.
4. We recommend that locomotives fitted with can-style CD motors are:
- Not run without a DCC decoder as ‘Locomotive 0’ on a DCC model railway layout (this is will lead to over-heating and rapidly ruin the motor), and
- Not placed on the tracks whilst a high frequency track cleaner (such as the Gaugemaster HF-1/HF-2) is in operation. There have been some reports that the frequency can damage the motors, although it is not something that we have tested.
The following instruction manuals are available for this product:
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.